2020.03.24 Journal of Wuhan Pneumonia in Taiwan 武漢肺炎在臺灣之觀察日記
2020.03.24 / 216 (+21) cases / 2 deaths / 29(+1) recovered
178 (+20) imported cases / 38 (+1) local cases
Our governmental client gave us a health checklist for the tomorrow’s meeting, every visitor should show the health checklist to the guard, in order to get the permission to enter the building. It checks the travel list and approaching history, something like that.
Taiwan has been a trendy topic suddenly around the world. Ambassadors from many countries are fighting each other… on Twitter, thanks to the internet, we dodged physical wars.
臺灣忽然變成一個世界熱議的話題。各國大使互相戰起來…在 Twitter 上，感謝網路，我們躲過了物理性戰爭。
I and my friend had it all arranged to play the escape room games next weekend, I was about to cancel it because of the situation. Today, my friend informed me that the game announced to close the store for 2 weeks, the CDC had advised hermetic spaces of entertainment industries to close the business to ensure the safety for consumers.
Some quarantined citizens got away from their home, some mayors are trying to use electronic bracelets to trace the route of quarantined citizens, I think this idea is acceptable, but some debates are still discussing… they said it’s against the human right… any better ideas? Or why not just isolate them in an isolated island?
Human right is based on the well-being for the whole society, not unlimited. It’s a dilemma for a new democratic regime.
- Taiwan says WHO failed to act on coronavirus transmission warning The Financial Times
- Taiwan says WHO failed to act on coronavirus transmission warning – HotAir
- Taiwan: WHO ‘Mostly Ignored’ Coronavirus Warnings in December
- Taiwan: WHO Failed to Heed Warning of Coronavirus Human-to-Human Transmission | National Review
- Taiwan Says It Warned WHO About Coronavirus In December, But Its Warnings Were Ignored | The Daily Caller
- Taiwan Says It Warned WHO In December That Wuhan Virus Was Contagious, But They Were Ignored